Small enough to be inserted via a 24G cannula, NanoEye® will form the basis for a rapid point-of-care system for critically ill neonates and children. Monitoring vital blood analytes and drug levels in premature neonates may require up to 25 heel sticks a day over several days, or even weeks; NanoEye® offers a much-needed alternative.
- Designed to be minimally invasive, offers continuous and automated real-time online monitoring (CAR-TOM) system for neonatologists.
- Blood stays in the patient – which can be important when total blood volume may be less than 50 ml.
- Enables therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) in neonates and children.
- Other areas for deployment include subcutaneous and intramuscular sites.
- Potential to provide crucial clinical data for enhanced decision-making, improved clinical outcomes in the NICU and PICU, and lower healthcare costs.